Hosea

Come back to me with all your heart, DON'T LET FEAR KEEP US APART. Trees do bend, though straight and tall; so must we to others call. Long have I waited for your coming home to me and living deeply our new life.

The wilderness will lead you to your HEART WHERE I WILL SPEAK. Integrity and justice with tenderness you shall know.

Long have I waited for your coming home to me and living deeply our new life.

You shall sleep secure with peace; faithfulness will be your joy. Long have I waited for your coming home to me and living deeply our new life.

-A song inspired by second chapter of the Old Testament book, Hosea.

Saturday, June 01, 2013

The miracle of Corpus Christi

A garden blooms a lone jasmine, an offering to bread-hiding God.
To believe is to see. One young diocesan priest whose way of doing the Masses is one that shows his faith in the Holy Eucharist, received a miracle in which the Lord Jesus Christ let Himself be "felt" that He is truly alive in the Sacrament as the priest believes It to be. It happened during the elevation of the Cup of Wine at the Mass he officiated on the Feast of the Corpus Christi. That Mass was the first celebrated that Sunday at San Pedro Cathedral in 2009. At the Consecration, the priest raised the Cup with both hands and spent seconds of holding the Cup up; and when he was to lower It, his left hand let go of the Cup so that only his right hand was holding It to put It down; but the Cup stayed up for seconds that should the priest's left hand let go of It, the Cup of Wine would have been seen by all present as floating by Itself in the air! Something was really happening because at the time of genuflection, the priest never genuflected as is usually done by priests -- instead, he knelt down on both knees and bowed low to the floor before the table of the Consecrated Bread and Wine. My diary entry of December 9, 2008, Tuesday, 3:59 a.m. says, and I quote: "Just this dawn, I dreamed of [a young priest] at the altar table celebrating the mass while I was attending with the people. The chalice containing a single consecrated Host suddenly lifted up in the air by itself before him to his amazement, flew towards me, and poured out the Host into my mouth on its own. I got hold of the chalice, gathered the crumbs inside it, and poured them out into my mouth. While consuming, a young woman approached me and talked to me as if nothing happened. Lord Jesus, I trust in Your Mercy for the meaning of this dream."

No comments:

Post a Comment