The church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish in Obrero was the venue of two of the Eucharistic experiences that took place in my life. Specifically, at the front chapel situated on the ground floor of the church, the main church being on the second floor.
I cannot recall which of the two Eucharistic experiences took place first but since the last experience I wrote and posted in the album "Spiritual Experiences" in my Facebook timeline had something to do with the "heart," my experience that had to do with the "heart" is the experience I am going to write about in this episode; but I recall that this particular experience was the first experience that happened before I experienced that which I already wrote and posted in the album.
Nothing unusual happened when the Mass began on that day. It was the usual morning Mass. But, after receiving the Blessed Host during Holy Communion and putting It on my tongue, my heart went wild, banging itself against the wall inside my chest like the bell clapper striking the sound bow of the bell. I felt the turbulent, ferocious behavior of my heart as I was returning to the kneeler. I had the feeling that had I not swallowed the Host fast, I would have fainted and collapsed. But it was hard to swallow a dry wafer so what I did was: I had to wet the Host with my saliva but not to the point of masticating the Host with my teeth, but using my tongue and palate instead, trying to fold the Host over and over in a rapid manner along with my saliva until the Host was pliant enough to be swallowed. I had to reach the kneeler to start doing the process of making the Host pliant. On swallowing the Host, my heart returned to normalcy and stopped the tantrum altogether. Other way of describing the behavior displayed by my heart during that episode was similar to the behavior of a live fish being fished out of water! As soon as the live fish is returned to water, only then does it become calm, normal and alive again. Fish is to the water; the heart, to the Eucharist.

No comments:
Post a Comment