Monday, July 15, 2013

First Part: The instrument

The cello

(First of Two Parts) 
“I have been all things unholy. If God can work through me, He can work through anyone.” -St. Francis of Assisi

I am a sinner, first and foremost, a sinner worse than anybody in the world, living or dead, a sinner guilty of every sin, hell-deserving, equally prideful as the fallen chief angel-turned-devil; but I have an edge: I recognize my miseries, I recognize God's Mercy.

I will not dare write in this profile about the Divine Calling that I have found myself in out of respect for the clergy and the bishops of the Archdiocese of Davao. But I am walking on the path of this calling.

I graduated a Bachelor's degree in the Arts with Mass Communication as major -- but I am not brilliant. Let me tell you an inside story. I should not have graduated, in the first place, because I had flunked one subject which I needed to pass to graduate.

But some faculty members, moderators of the college yearbook, wanted me in for the editorial staff of that year's yearbook.

To shorten the story, my 5.0 was changed to a passing grade through the intervention of one of the moderators. Or was it a Divine Intervention? Because that particular yearbook became the starting point of this calling, that is, the blog, "The Heart Where I Will Speak" -- as a dream would confirm later.

I pursued business news and feature journalism as job after graduation -- but my heart is into prose and poetry, my "first love." I decided to stop.

My major's description, I see later, is a portent to the Divine Calling that I was to follow these days: "MASS COMMUNICATION" -- or, "COMMUNICATING the Holy MASS" in the web as this. (Click here to continue)

No comments:

Post a Comment