Thursday, July 18, 2013

Last Part: The instrument

The cellist of the Manila String Machine before the quartet's concert held recently at SM Lanang Premier in Davao City, Philippines

(Last of Two Parts: See previous story here)

I never pursued Master of Arts and Doctorate since God has spoken into my heart through the words of my professor who, after my accident and successful climb in Mount Apo, said, and I quote: "You can now write a book because you have experience."

But God, in fact, was forming me to be simple, although I had the chance to pursue masteral in Theology out of free post-graduate studies offered at the local Ateneo. It was a temptation. But "something" prevented me so that I was not able to pursue it.

Even if I were to pursue it, I still would not be able to defend a thesis work because I am not good in conversational English. "[..] can write good English but he cannot speak good English," I used to hear this from my professor.

Interior locution is a Divine gift wherein Divine messages are heard word-for-word through the heart of the gifted. This is not my case. I have received nothing of this sort -- but an idea, a thought, a feeling, an abstract form of "something divine" implanted into and is received by my heart with unexplained joy in the spirit and thus expressed in writing in the style and availability of tools that the instrument has in his person.

Sometimes, I have a dilemma whether or not to publish certain inspiration which is much opposite from what is always heard in the local pulpits. But when I press the "publish" button, I feel the surge of joy coming out from my heart which is, otherwise, ruled by uneasiness or restlessness if I did the contrary.


Should this blog be regarded as divinely-inspired is not my concern at all, much less whether the directives from Heaven are heeded or not. For, as St. Bernadette Soubirous said, "My job is to inform, never to convince." Certainly! For, to convince is God's Own Action manifested in the "signs, wonders and miracles" that follow after each publication.

Why, then, is God using the worst of sinners as me in this calling? I, too, wondered; but, oh, now I see -- it is but to demonstrate to the world that He is truly Mercy.
“Love your misery, for upon it God exercises His mercy.” -Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity

No comments:

Post a Comment