Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Dream: The white-painted interior of the church and the so-called 'papal' portrait

I dreamed just before I was to wake up this early dawn and this is my dream: I found myself inside a particular church which was undergoing renovation. The whole interior was already painted white and the chairs or pews were nowhere in sight. Understandably because the church interior was undergoing re-painting. Inside the said church, I saw two doors, one on the left and one on the right. I saw a number of Caucasian-looking individuals, some men and some women inside the left door and they were like talking to one person. On the right door, I saw a man, a short man, and I knew he was a priest (although not clad in a priestly habit) looking stealthily from the slight opening of the door and looking at me. I went to ask some men-workers delegated to do the interior face-lift about some details of the renovation but the priest inside the right door took my conversation with them as giving some direction to his workers in which act belongs only to him. In a certain wall was hung a portrait of a pope and the photograph showed him wearing a white habit as should be worn by a pope; but I noticed, contrary to papal zucchetto (skullcap) that must be white, his was in pink. Or was it in light red? His face was unrecognizable as he was photographed with his head a bit bowed and the color of his zucchetto showed in the process. Thereby, the one in the picture is not a pope -- but a cardinal under the vestments of a pope.

No comments:

Post a Comment