Hosea

Come back to me with all your heart, DON'T LET FEAR KEEP US APART. Trees do bend, though straight and tall; so must we to others call. Long have I waited for your coming home to me and living deeply our new life.

The wilderness will lead you to your HEART WHERE I WILL SPEAK. Integrity and justice with tenderness you shall know.

Long have I waited for your coming home to me and living deeply our new life.

You shall sleep secure with peace; faithfulness will be your joy. Long have I waited for your coming home to me and living deeply our new life.

-A song inspired by second chapter of the Old Testament book, Hosea.

Friday, June 07, 2013

Earthquake stops at prayer of repentance

The vertigo-inducing hanging bridge at D'Leonor Inland Resort in Davao City.
Earthquake 2010 in Davao City is unforgettable.

I was in my room: very close relatives were with me when it started to shake.

It began shaking slowly and steadily.

Quickly, I prayed: "Forgive me, Lord, for all my sins!"

But the tremors continued and even increased its intensity.

Quickly, I prayed again -- this time: "Forgive the sins of my family!!"

But it increased its swift to-and-fro steady shaking -- with a sign to increase for more.

"Forgive the sin of Davao City!!!"

The quake stopped suddenly at the height of its momentum.

As if the ground never shook seconds before I blurted out the third prayer.

Unnatural!

The intensified tremors should have gradually lowered its intensity before it has to stop.

But it stopped -- immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment