Hosea

Come back to me with all your heart, DON'T LET FEAR KEEP US APART. Trees do bend, though straight and tall; so must we to others call. Long have I waited for your coming home to me and living deeply our new life.

The wilderness will lead you to your HEART WHERE I WILL SPEAK. Integrity and justice with tenderness you shall know.

Long have I waited for your coming home to me and living deeply our new life.

You shall sleep secure with peace; faithfulness will be your joy. Long have I waited for your coming home to me and living deeply our new life.

-A song inspired by second chapter of the Old Testament book, Hosea.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Maya falls almost dead, but flies again shortly

The nest of a maya bird set on a palm tree.
One late afternoon, while waiting for the Holy Mass to begin, I noticed two maya birds chasing each other in flight inside the Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help.

One fell on the floor.

It was a very bad fall; I thought it was already dead!

But several pews from where I was sitting, I could see the bird writhing in pain with its beak tilted upward, looking dizzy and trying to balance its body on its claws.

I went to get the bird from the floor to put it somewhere outside to avoid being stepped on by church-goers.

The wall fan, maybe, was the culprit because I saw the two passing by the fan before that one bird fell.

Whatever the cause, but the bird was really hurting.

I picked it up, went outside and prayed.

"All in Heaven, this bird needs graces: let it recover and fly again, Amen!"

As I prayed, its claws were holding on tightly to my finger.

I was a bit alarmed because the Holy Mass was about to start and I had to clasp both of my hands in reverence.

Carefully, I took its claws from holding on to me -- and went back to my seat with it.

I let it on my palm while caressing its head with my finger.

I, then, put it down on the floor where it was safe for the bird -- and the Holy Mass began.

To my amazement, the dying bird flew away suddenly towards the Altar -- with audible swiftness, power and strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment