Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Maya falls almost dead, but flies again shortly

One late afternoon, while waiting for the Holy Mass to begin, I noticed two maya birds chasing each other in flight inside the Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help.

One fell hard on the floor.

It was a very bad fall; I thought it was already dead!

But several pews from where I was sitting, I could see the bird writhing in pain with its beak tilted upward, looking dizzy and trying to balance its body on its claws. 

I went to take the bird away from the floor to avoid being stepped on by church-goers. 

The rotating wall fan, maybe, was the culprit because I saw the bird passing by the fan before it fell.

Whatever the cause might be, but the bird was really hurting. 

I picked it up, went outside and prayed.

"All in Heaven, this bird needs graces: let it recover and fly again, Amen!"

As I prayed, its claws were holding on tightly to my finger.

I was a bit alarmed because the Holy Mass was about to start and I had to clasp both of my hands in reverence.

Carefully, I took its claws from holding on to me -- and went back to my seat with it. 

I let it on my palm while caressing its head with my finger. 

I, then, put it down on the floor where it was safe for the bird to stay as the Holy Mass began. 

To my amazement, the dying bird flew away suddenly towards the Altar -- with audible swiftness, power and strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment