Hosea

Come back to me with all your heart, DON'T LET FEAR KEEP US APART. Trees do bend, though straight and tall; so must we to others call. Long have I waited for your coming home to me and living deeply our new life.

The wilderness will lead you to your HEART WHERE I WILL SPEAK. Integrity and justice with tenderness you shall know.

Long have I waited for your coming home to me and living deeply our new life.

You shall sleep secure with peace; faithfulness will be your joy. Long have I waited for your coming home to me and living deeply our new life.

-A song inspired by second chapter of the Old Testament book, Hosea.

Sunday, February 09, 2014

Divine defense - One

Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer,
you shall cry for help, and he will say: “Here I am!”
If you remove the yoke from among you,
the accusing finger, and malicious speech;
If you lavish your food on the hungry

and satisfy the afflicted;
Then your light shall rise in the darkness,
and your gloom shall become like midday;
-Isaiah 58: 9-10


When I came to you, brothers and sisters,

proclaiming the mystery of God,

I did not come with sublimity of words or of wisdom.

For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you

except Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

I came to you in weakness and fear and much trembling,

and my message and my proclamation

were not with persuasive words of wisdom,

but with a demonstration of Spirit and power,

so that your faith might rest not on human wisdom

but on the power of God.

-1 Corinthians 2:1-5



He shall never be moved;

the just one shall be in everlasting remembrance.

An evil report he shall not fear;

his heart is firm, trusting in the LORD.

-Psalms 112: 6-7


You are the light of the world. A city set on a mountain cannot be hidden.

Nor do they light a lamp and then put it under a bushel basket; it is set on a lampstand, 

where it gives light to all in the house.
Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and

glorify your heavenly Father.

-Matthew 5: 14-16

source: usccb.org

No comments:

Post a Comment