Wednesday, November 08, 2017

The dream book

A well-known, successful artist-singer-songwriter handed a book to me in the middle of a forest.
"My works are in this book," said he as he turned it over.

Smiling and glowing, fresh-faced and young-looking, the songwriter was clad in clothes for cold.

As I got hold of it, the smell of a brand-new book was wafting in the air.

I flipped through the pages and I saw artistically-taken photographs.

One was a picture of a hole on the bough with the sprouting of a leaflet.

An evergreen against a mahogany branch!

The hole of a branch was seen through a hole of another branch of an old tree.

And beside the photograph was a terse poetry.

An eye within an eye of a thousand and one
But none of the name of the songwriter was there.

I lifted up my head and I was all alone in the woods.

The blogger's note: Who was the artist-singer-songwriter in the dream? The face of the artist in the dream was of a countryman, a currently popular singer-songwriter in the Philippines. Or could it be the soul of an internationally-acclaimed singer-songwriter who died twenty years ago? In my recent online research, I was [and still am!] appalled to find out the late John Denver [described as "legendary" and "mystical"] was not only a singer-songwriter but also an actor, environmentalist, nature-lover and, most of all, had an unpublicized gift in photography! Was the singer-songwriter in the dream John's soul [or spirit] that visited me from Heaven? Or was the singer-songwriter in the dream a representation of the Divine Gift [to be or already] bestowed upon my instrumentality? -fdivinemercy

No comments:

Post a Comment