Friday, June 08, 2018

Fr. Glenn: Requiescat in pace

At the time I had the vision in my sleep, I had no inkling he already passed away. The backdrop was in white. The soul was walking up the wide stairs. I was facing the edge of these stairs when his image started emerging. He was in the best version of himself. A countenance which exuded youthfulness and good looks more than he was in the prime of his earth-life. He was smiling at me as the soul walked up the stairs leading to where I was. It was a split second vision on the night of May 30. Of whether the vision was in my dream or in my drowsiness, I am unsure. I forgot about the vision when I woke up in the morning of May 31. I can tell from his sermons in his Masses he was with me in my calling, but the last mass I attended with him as the officiating priest was when he was harsh, rough and sharp in the pulpit and I knew in my spirit he intended it on me. I can tell because of the way he put the Blessed Host on my tongue during Holy Communion, it was close to irreverence. Out of his indignation. The particular sermon happened at the hype of something against me was circulating among the clergy. (Even up to now, the Lord has never given me a clue as to what that was all about. I can only guess, but it died a natural death.) I decided not to hear his Masses for awhile to keep him from giving me Holy Communion with irreverence. I understand him all the while, I'd be back to his Masses when the "story" died down. It appears that was the last Mass I had with him. Going back to the vision, I came to remember it only at noontime of May 31 when I learned of his death. I tried to keep back my tears. I knew in my heart he would defend the cause of God in me but at the same time, we are humans, subject to err, so I understand his frailty. Yesterday, his remains had to be buried. Going to the cemetery with others, I "saw" the word "Sorry" that was sprayed on the concrete fence leading to where his remains had to be laid down. Go on, Father Glenn, you were long before forgiven. I envy the beauty of your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment