Sunday, March 04, 2012

The island city


I found myself on the edge of a big city, sitting where the waves and the sands met. 
Beyond the great waters of blue was an island of green. My eyes were fixed on the island, but it seemed I was not looking at the island. Around me were eyes of other races fixed on me, but it seemed they were not looking at me. 
Then, behind me, a block of white texts came scrolling up from below. 
I read as it went up. 
I panted and I sighed as I grasped the essence of every line of the piece that I read. It felt like the warmth of the Hand of Love, holding the very core of my being. 
And, all of a sudden, I was caught up in the high heavens. 
As the wind carried me to the heights, I saw the island below and an isle beside it becoming stones midst of sea. 
Then, as if stones thrown into the sea, the islands submerged -- the bigger island first, followed by the isle beside it. 
And the sea rippled mightily towards the big city and other areas surrounding the two islands that were lost. 
A word and another flashed on the scene one after the other. "Island," it read -- and then, "city."

No comments:

Post a Comment