Tuesday, April 10, 2018

'Not even good enough!'

The Heart Where I Will Speak started out as a blog on photographs personally snapped and captioned either in poetry or prose and bore my full name as the "photo-blogger-instrument." I had the blog shared to some of my college friends and professors and even displayed the site address on my Facebook profile. I had been "alerted" by the Holy Spirit via the gifts granted to my instrumentality that the blog in the original format has reached the Archdiocese hierarchy. When the Lord allowed me to sense it, I had the feeling it was high time for my calling or the works that I had been called to do to begin as I saw in the dream-visions I had before. Thus, the shift from the original "Eye Of A Thousand And One" to the now "The Heart Where I Will Speak" under the username fdivinemercy. When I wrote and posted The Instrument as a blog post in 2013, I dreamed of my college English professor who was one of those I shared my blog with in the original format. In the said blog post, I wrote a story about my Mass Communication professor telling some profs and senior students in my presence, "[fdivinemercy] can write good English but he cannot speak good English." In the dream, the English professor, while reading that particular portion of my blog post, commented on my written English as "not even good enough." In my college days, this particular English prof was all praise to my future "self." I cannot forget when she told the class about the successes of several alumni who made it national in scope; and, as a punchline, she said: "Watch out for [fdivinemercy]!" Prophet Don, who believes in my calling, in a letter, told me: God will make something simple in your life and turn it into something great like "water into wine." Another blog post that was greatly criticized was posted on November 22, 2013: Yolanda: The Dream, The Fulfillment and The Cause. This time, the pulpit was the critic, saying, "Say what you mean, mean what you say" and "Write in the vernacular if you can't handle it in English." But why this blog is in English? Simply because not all blog readers are Visayans or Mindanaoans who can understand the vernacular! If my blog posts never "say what I mean, mean what I say," just go back to the blog posts in question after some time and read again. I do this formula when I cannot understand a certain verse in the Bible. The Holy Spirit makes us understand after reading them again after some time. It really pays to re-read. One more thing, if the time came for my vocabularies and idiomatic expressions increase, my personal choice of words would still be simple. Nevertheless, do not "watch out for [fdivinemercy];" but "watch out for [what God can do in the life of fdivinemercy]!"

No comments:

Post a Comment